Painting With My Muse ...

You simply can't be your optimal best creatively unless you consult with your Muse. I always bring an offering of dark chocolate ...

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Art is a Gift you Deserve to Give Yourself


I love this painting because it reminds me how creativity was natural as playing when I was a child.  Somewhere along the way when comparison and judgment stepped in, I told myself I was no good and put away my artistic dreams.  

This painting was my affirmation that I am loved, I am heard, I am seen, I am safe, and I am Artist!  





I have used art for therapy and inspiration, and to work things through, and as a way to do satire and humor as well.  
  



Art to feed my soul and comfort my heart:





Art to remind me about the magical and whimsical moments of life:



I can't imagine my life without art anymore.  You can see that one image is worth 10,000 words because it is holds so much feeling, and is open to interpretation which can be different for each person who views it.  Every painting tells a story and I like to combine writing or poems with the painting which brings new dimensions in and connects the left and right side of the brain which results in greater creativity.

It also allows you to access parts of yourself you wouldn't meet otherwise.  It is going within and bringing image back out with you.  Images that are unique to you that allow your soul to communicate with you.

Just play with some doodling even with pencil and paper until you can get some crayons or colored pencils, or colored Sharpies, watercolors, brushes, whatever.  Just start somewhere and leave the judgment outside and give it something to do, like pull weeds while you play.

I'm going to check back with you ... I'm off to do some chores so I can get back to my easel and work on my creative life ... it offsets all the other things you have to do in life ... it's a reward!!  Have fun and play like you remember how.


No comments:

Post a Comment